Big Business includes options for Units of Measure, including:
Abbreviations for units of measure
Counts for each item's units of measure
automatic conversion of Price and Quantity
This Solution describes the Setup for Units of Measure. (6592)
Unit of Measures allow you to:
use simple Abbreviations for Units of Measure, like "cs" for case
keep Counts for each item, like a "cs" count of 144 for one item and 1440 for another
automatically convert Prices and Quantities
To set up Units of Measure:
1. Go to Item Prefs and check the checkbox for Unit of Measure.
2. Use the Unit of Measure Defaults dialog enter defaults.
3. Use "Show List" in any pulldown to add new Abbreviations.
4. For New Line Item enter an Abbreviation for Each (Count=1)
5. For New Item Card enter defaults for standard units of measure.
Pictured are "ea" for Each, "cs" for Case, and "pk" for Pack.
6. Click OK to save Defaults.
7. Click OK to save Item Prefs.