Big Business Server can be set to run as a Service in Windows Server to automate start.
Test the new Service by click Start in Services to see if the Service immediately stops. If so it may have Permissions issue which you can resolve by setting the Service to use the same Account that allows you to run it as an application and stores your settings.
1. Make sure the currently logged in account already has Admin privileges.
2. Go to Task Manager, Services tab, Open Services
3. Right click on the 4D Service, Properties, Log On tab
4. Select "This account" and enter the currently logged on account along with credentials
5. Hit OK
6. The 4D app should now launch properly as a service