MySQL is a popular database platform with connectivity options for many programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, TCL, C, Java etc. This means you can easily access this data from a variety of applications written in a variety of programming languages.
The Middleware Add-On is an option that allow Big Business Server to synchronize data with an external data source (MySQL) where it can be more readily accessed, repurposed, and manipulated. This Solution describes installing MySQL for Windows. (6179)
Here are the basic steps.
1. Download an installer from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads
- click on Community Server for the free edition
- click Download for an installer
- click No Thanks to skip user registration
2. Run the installer and select a Typical installation and keep the option to Launch the MySQL Instance Configuration Wizard
3. In the Configuration Wizard:
- select a Standard Configuration
- select Install As Windows Service
- opt to Modify Security Settings
+ assigning a new root password
+ enable root access from remote machines