This feature is part of the Shipping Add-On, which is an additional module that enables ODBC-capable programs, such as Excel or UPS WorldShip, to retrieve data from Big Business Server.
This Solution describes exporting UPS Worldship Shipments to update a Sales Order in Big Business with Tracking Number, Shipping Charges, and so on. (6066)
The Shipping Add-On is an additional module that enables ODBC access to data in Big Business Server. This Solution describes using the ODBC capabilities of UPS WorldShip to Export Shipment Information to Big Business Server. Once this export is created, it can be set to automatically update Big Business as each new Shipment is processed.
The prerequisites for this import are enabling the ODBC Server in Big Business Server, and creating a System DSN as described in earlier entries.
Creating the Export Map:
1. Select Connection Assistant on the UPS Online Connect menu.
2. Select Create a New Map for Export and click Next.
3. Select Shipment for Export Data Types and click Next.
4. Select By Known ODBC Source and choose the System DSN created previously (BB) in ODBC Sources.
5. Enter the user name for ID and the password for Password and click Next.
6. Select New Map and enter a name (bb_shipments) for New Map Name and click Next.
7. Click Finish to proceed to the Connection Editor.
8. In the upper right pulldown, select SHIPINFO
9. Select the Worldship Fields to display on the left, such as Package
10. Highlight a Field on the left, like Reference1, where you have entered your Sales Order Number
11. Highlight a Field on the right, like SO_Number
12. Click Connect to link them, and repeat from Step 9, as pictured.
13. Click OK to save.
14. Click No to skip the Batch Import.
You can now use this export automatically. Go to the UPS OnLine Connect menu, choose Automatic Export After Processing Shipment and choose More... Highlight the new export (bb_shipments) and click Export. When you click Process Shipment data will automatically be exported to Big Business Server. Alternatively, you can set up an Export for End of Day, which is the next menu item in the UPS Online Connect menu.