Big Business Server makes it easy to revert to a backup file when needed. Launch Server and hold the Option key (on the Mac, or the Alt key on the PC) and in the file dialog choose to show All Files and select a backup file to restore.
This Solution provides instructions for Restoring a backup using the built-in Backup in Big Business Server. (6039)
Big Business Server makes it easy to revert to a backup file when needed.
To Restore a Backup File:
1. Quit Big Business Server if running
2. Start Big Business Server and quickly hold down the Option key
3. In the Open dialog change Enable to look for All Files
4. Select a Backup File from your backup folder
Backup files' names are the name of the Data File followed by the backup number in brackets and the exension, .4BK, as in the picture. Use Find File to search for files whose Name Contains .4BK, if needed.
5. Choose a destination folder for the restored Data File
Create or choose a folder other than the folder containing your original Data File or it will be replaced.
6. Click Restore
7. Click OK on the confirmation dialog that the file was restored.
Big Business Server will automatically Quit and open the folder with the restored file.
8. Start Big Business Server and quickly hold down the Option key
9. In the Open dialog choose the restored file and click Open
10. On the Server Process Window check that the Data File entry show your restored Data File.