When you launch Big Business Client it displays any locally available Big Business Server on the Available tab. To connect to a remote Server enter a Name and IP Address on the Custom tab.
This Solution provides instructions for connecting to Big Business Server from a remote Client. (5528)
To connect to a Big Business Server outside of your local network:
1. Launch Big Business Client while holding the Option key (on a Mac, or launch and immediately hold the Alt key on a Windows PC)
2. On the Connection dialog, click the Custom tab
3. Enter any name and the Server's IP address.
4. Click the OK button to connect.
5. Wait while resource files are copied from the server, which may be a few minutes.
If the connection fails:
6. Check your Network settings.
7. Check with your network administrator that Ports 19813 and 19814 are open if a Firewall is in place.
If performance is too slow:
8. Verify the connection speed on both ends. Most important are the downstream speed on the remote end, and the upstream speed on the Server end.
9. Consider remote desktop options like RDC, TeamViewer, etc.
If you need help:
10. Big Business Support includes unlimited setup help. Call or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.