You can use Big Business Mail to send emails directly, without using a desktop email client like Microsoft Outlook or macOS Mail.
This Solution provides setup details for Rackspace. (6709)
Here are the steps to set up Rackspace:
1. Go to the Employee toolbar to MyPrefs
2. For Print Options choose Advanced
3. For Email Client choose Big Business Mail
4. Click OK to save MyPrefs
Then in Print Options for a transaction (Quote, Order, Invoice):
1. Click to select a form, to put a 1 in the # (number of copies) column.
2. In the Destination column choose Send Email
3. Make sure Show Print Dialogs is NOT checked
4. Click OK
This will open a new Note, where you can do Gmail setup:
1. Go to Send From and choose Show List
2. Click Add (+) to add Gmail
3. Enter Name (rackspace), Server (secure.emailsrvr.com), Port (465), SSL (checked), Send From (email@example.com), User Name (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Password, where name and password are those you use to logon to Rackspace Webmail.
4. Click OK and OK to save settings for re-use
5. Click SEND on the Note to send via Rackspace.