This Solution describes uses of Allocated and Available quantities, which appear on the Expanded tabs of Sales Orders and Invoices, and now Purchase Orders and Bills, as well being used in calculations for Reports and printouts like Pick List (6120)
There are various features that work with Allocated and Available (On Hand minus Allocated):
1. On a Sales Order the ETA fills in today's date if the Qty is Available. If it is not Available (e.g. stock is Allocated), it will fill in the ETA of the next Open Purchase Order, or if there is no Open PO, it will fill in the Date that is, today plus Vendor ETA Days, as specified on the Vendor Card, History tab.
2. On a Sales Order on the Expanded tab it displays Allocated and Available for each line item. You can set the Expanded tab to be the Default Tab in the Sales Order Prefs in the Customer Prefs.
3. From the Sales Order you can print a Pick List/Pack Slip that includes To Pick, the quantity allocated the Sales Order taking into account On Hand and prior Sales Orders.
4. From the Sales Order you can print Allocation Tags, labels to put on products to show that they are allocated and the details.
5. From the Reports tool, the Reports:
- Pick List Report, sorted by Customer
- Pick List Report, sorted by Item
include a Qty To Ship column with the quantity allocated Sales Orders taking into account On Hand and prior Sales Orders.
6. On a Purchase Order on the the Expanded tab it displays Available.