This Solution provides instructions for Updating Big Business Server 6 for Windows. (6111).
Here are instuctions for Updating Big Business Server.
1. Note any custom settings, such as for Backup, that may need to be set in the new Server.
2. Back up your Data File. The path to the current Data File can be read on the Big Business Server Process Window .
3. Move your Data File to a safe location. If you Data File is stored in the Data folder in the current Big Business Server folder, move it to a safe location like your Desktop so you can completely Remove the current Big Business Server folder. Your Data File is two parts: DataFile.4DD and DataFile.4DR.
4. Remove the current Big Business Server folder. Make sure the BB Server Engine is not running, then go Start, Settings, Control Panels and open Add/Remove Programs and Remove, Big Business Server.
5. Install the new Big Business Server. Click Explore This CD and find the Server6x folder or download, then run the bb6xxsvr.exe Installer and follow the prompts to install the new Big Business Server.
6. Move your Data File (two parts: .4dd and .4dr) to its regular location. In Step 3, if you moved your Data File from the Data folder to the Desktop, you can now move it from the Desktop to the Data folder in the new Big Business Server folder. Your Data File can be stored anywhere on the computer.
7. Start the new Big Business Server. In the Open Data File dialog select your Data File.
Existing 6.0.5 or higher Clients should automatically connect to the new Big Business Server when launched. To update older Clients, use the Add/Remove Program Control Panel to Remove the old Client, then install the new Client(s). On the first launch you will need to select BB Server in the Connect to BB Server window.