This feature is part of the Shipping Add-On, which is an additional module that enables ODBC-capable programs, such as Excel or UPS WorldShip, to retrieve data from Big Business Server.
This Solution describes Importing to UPS Worldship Shipments. (5961)
The Shipping Add-On is an additional module that enables ODBC access to data in Big Business Server. This Solution describes using the ODBC capabilities of UPS WorldShip to retrieve addresses directly from Big Business Server and import them into a new Shipment. Once this import is set up, it can be used as a Keyed Import to automatically fill in address information on a new Shipment.
The prerequisites for this import are enabling the ODBC Server in Big Business Server, and creating a System DSN as described in earlier entries.
Creating the Import Map in UPS WorldShip:
1. In the Import/Export Data menu, choose Create/Edit Map.
The Create or Edit an Import or Export Map appears.
2. Under New Map, select Import from ODBC Database.
3. For the type of data to import choose Shipment.
4. Enter a Name and click Create.
4. Select the ODBC Source choosing the System DSN created previously .
5. Enter user ID and password for Password and click Next.
6. Select New Map and enter a name (bb_shipments) for New Map Name and click Next.
7. Click Finish to proceed to the Connection Editor.
8. Select a Big Business table on the left like CUST for the Customer table, VEN for Vendors, or CONTACT for Contacts.
9. Select the Worldship Fields to display on the right, such as Ship To.
10. Highlight a Field on the left, like Code, for Customer Code.
11. Highlight a Field on the right, like Customer ID.
12. Click Connect to link them, and repeat from Step 9, as pictured.
13. Click on the Code - Customer ID entry and click Define Key.
14. Click OK to save.
15. Click No to skip the Batch Import.
You can now use this import as a Keyed Import. Go to the UPS OnLine Connect menu, choose Keyed Import and choose More... Highlight the new import (bb_shipment) and click Import. The Enter Import Key window will appear and you can enter a Customer Code (the selection when clicking Define Key in Step 12, above) and UPS will automatically fill in the shipment information with current data from Big Business Server.